Once you're signed up as an AMIS BIXI, you can turn on the AMIS BIXI layer in the BIXI app or on the BIXI website to view the points available at each station.
Download the newest version of the BIXI app (on App Store or Google Play), log into your account, go to Settings, and turn on AMIS BIXI.
Now that you can see which stations are offering points for taking a bike away (black oval with an upward arrow) and which stations are offering points for returning a bike (white oval with a downward arrow), you can earn points depending on the pair of stations involved in your BIXI trips. See below for examples!
Start at neutral station, bike to 1-point Drop Off
Trips with Drop Off points at trip start will not earn points
Start at 2-point Pick Up station, bike to neutral station
Trips with Pick Up points at trip end will not earn points
Start at 2-point Pick Up station, bike to 1-point Drop Off
This reverse trip won't earn points either
A few more tips on earning points
Station status and score take into account current fill level and the future flow of bikes.
Station points "freeze" when you start your trip, so the points you'll earn will not change mid-trip. Even if the scores you see displayed change while you're mid-trip, you will earn the points that were available when your trip began.
The scores on the map update every 15 minutes, on the hour and 15, 30, and 45 minutes past.
If an AMIS BIXI is "gaming" the system (e.g. biking back and forth between two stations) these points will be vacated.
All stations in the BIXI system can offer AMIS BIXI points if they're in need of more bikes or docks! The points assigned to each station are updated every 15 minutes depending on the bikes and docks available along with factors such as the day of the week, upcoming weather, and other factors.
Once you're a AMIS BIXI you can view the points available across the system in two different places.
Download the newest version of the BIXI App (on App Store or Google Play), log into your account, go to Map Settings, and turn on AMIS BIXI.
To check the amount of points you've earned on each AMIS BIXI trip, check out the Trips section of your member profile. From there, you'll see the point total for each rental you've taken along with the station scores that earned you points!
As soon as you dock, you'll be sent a push notification on your phone with the total points for that trip along with your monthly and annual total. Make sure to activate push notifications for the BIXI app in your phone's settings!
If you have your docking notification emails turned on within your member profile, you'll receive a "trip receipt" in your inbox with details of the trip (including AMIS BIXI points) each time you dock.
Mobile member profile
You can also head to the statistics section of your member profile on BIXI`s app (on your mobile) to check your monthly point total, along with the points you earned on each of your trips.
5 - Do points carry over month-to-month?
Every AMIS BIXI point you earn is added to your monthly, annual, and lifetime point totals. Each of these point totals will earn you different rewards! Monthly points, which earn membership extensions and free day passes, reset on the 1st of each month.
Check out the full set of AMIS BIXI rewards!
6 - How to redeeming points for rewards?
Points don't need to be redeemed – rewards are automatically given based on how many points you earn as an AMIS BIXI in a given month. 10 points earn you a free Day Pass to share with a friend and 20 points earn you a week's membership extension – these rewards are automatically awarded and emailed to you as soon as you earn enough points.
7 - How do the membership extensions work?
As soon as you cross a point threshold that earns a membership extension, the expiration date on your account will be extended by exactly one week. You'll also receive an email informing you of your new membership expiration date. You can view your membership expiration date at any point at your member profile.
The maximum number of weekly extensions you can earn in a single month is four (80 points).
8 - How do I earn a free month of membership?
Each 20 points you earned give you an extra week to your annual membership! You can earn up to 4 extra weeks each month, which represent 80 points!
Monthly points reset on the first day of each month.
- The Metro Radisson station has been installed today
- The Gare Canora station has been removed
- 30e avenue / St-Zotique station has been removed
- Duluth / St-Denis station has been temporarily removed due to roadworks.
- The Hutchison/Van Horne station has been moved to the corner of Durocher/Van Horne
- Notre-Dame / Gauvin station has been removed.
- Graham / Rockland station installed today
- Graham / Wicksteed station installed today.
- The Joliette/Ste-Catherine station is moved to the corner of Valois/Ste-Catherine
- The Hutchison/Fairmount station is moved to the corner of Querbes/Laurier
- St-Charles / St-Jean station reinstated today.
- Joliette / Ste-Catherine station is temporarily removed for work purpose.
- St-Charles / St-Jean station installed today.
- St-Jacques / St-Pierre station reinstated today.
- Legendre / Henri-Julien station reinstated today.
- Faillon / St-Denis station is moved to the intersection of Drolet / Faillon.
- Bernard / Clark station is moved to the intersection of Bernard / St-Urbain.
- Métro Jean-Talon (de Chateaubriand / Jean-Talon) station instated today.
- Métro Honoré-Beaugrand (Sherbrooke / Honoré-Beaugrand) station reinstated today.
- St-Hubert / Roy station is moved to the intersection of Roy / St-André.
- Paré / Mountain Sights station reinstated today.
- des Érables / Marie-Anne a été réinstallée aujourd’hui.
- Square St-Louis (du Square St-Louis / Laval) station is temporarily removed for work purpose.