During the BIXI's Indie Café Crawl, take a photo and post it on Instagram with the hashtags #DimanchesBIXI and #mtlcafecrawl on October 30.
You will have a chance to win one of the 100 one-year BIXI memberships offered courtesy of Manulife!
1. The BIXI’s Indie Café Crawl photo contest has been organized by BIXI-Montréal (BIXI) (the “contest organizers”). It will take place online on Instagram, opening on October 30, 2016 at 12 p.m. and closing on October 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
2. To be eligible for the contest, a “participant” must be a Canadian resident over the age of majority in their province of residence. The following persons are excluded from the contest:
a) Employees, executives, of BIXI, and all persons with whom they live.
b) Employees, executives, of Manulife Financial Corporation, and all persons with whom they live.
HOW TO ENTER
3. Participants must submit a photo of a BIXI on Instagram, including the hashtags #DimanchesBIXI and #mtlcafecrawl, between October 30, 2016 at 12 p.m. and closing on October 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
4. One hundred (100) prizes will be awarded in all. Each prize include one (1) BIXI membership, valid for a one-year period, value of $87.
Particular Conditions of the Prizes
4.1 The prize is non-transferable and is non-refundable and we be given to the winner by BIXI.
4.2 All other expenses related to the prize are the winner’s responsibility.
- Winners will be chosen by random drawing from all eligible entries received. The draws will take place at 10 a.m. on Tuesday November 1st, 2016 on the premises of the contest organizers in Montréal.
- The chances of a participant’s name being randomly drawn will depend on the number of eligible entries received over the course of the contest period.
5. To be declared a winner, each participant selected at random must respect the other conditions following:
5.1 be contacted by email by contest organizers within fifteen (15) days following the drawing;
5.2 confirm that they meet the eligibility conditions and other requirements of these Contest Rules;
6. Failure to comply with any conditions of these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will result in disqualification of the participant. In such a case, the contest organizers may, at their discretion, cancel the prize or conduct a new drawing until a participant is chosen and declared winner. If no participant is declared winner within sixty (60) days following the original drawing, the contest organizers have the right to cancel the prize.
7. Verification. Letters for entry without purchase and declaration forms are subject to verification by contest organizers. Any letter for entry without purchase that is, as the case may be, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, reproduced by hand or mechanically, mutilated, fraudulent, obtained from an unauthorized source, submitted or sent late, contains an invalid or otherwise non-conforming telephone number, may be rejected and will not give the right, as the case may be, to an entry or a prize.
8. Disqualification. Contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or to cancel one or more entries of a person if they participate or attempt to participate in this contest by using a means contrary to these Contest Rules or of a nature that is unfair to other participants (e.g., use of entry coupons obtained fraudulently, entries after the permitted limit). Such person may be reported to the legal authorities.
9. Conduct of contest. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil and criminal laws. If such attempts are undertaken, contest organizers reserve the right to reject the participant's entries and obtain redress under the law.
10. Acceptance of prize. Prizes shall be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and shall in no case be wholly or partially transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged for money, subject as otherwise provided in the rules of participation.
11. Limitation of liability: Use of prize. By participating in this contest, each participant selected for a prize releases BIXI as well as its employees, executives, officers and managers, from all liability, damages, injury or loss that they may suffer by acceptance or use of the prize.
12. Limit of liability: conduct of contest. BIXI and persons for whom the contest is held disclaim any responsibility relating to faulty computer components, software or communication lines, relating to the loss or absence of network communication or relating to any faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased transmission by any computer or any network that may limit the ability of any person to read the entry rules or to prevent it. They also disclaim any liability for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by downloading of any web page or any software or other any by transmission of any information concerning contest participation.
13. Limitation of responsibility - entries: BIXI and persons for whom the contest is held are not responsible for lost, misdirected or late entries, including due to a problem related to the postal service.
14. Limitation of responsibility - situation beyond the organizers' control: BIXI and persons for whom the contest is held will accept no liability of any nature whatsoever in all cases where their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control or from a strike, lock-out or any other labour conflict in the facilities of bodies or companies whose services are used to hold this contest.
15. Modification of the contest. Contest organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend, in whole or in part, this contest where there is any event or any human intervention that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided for in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
16. End of contest participation. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, participation in the contest should be terminated in whole or in part before the end date planned by these Contest Rules, the drawing may be taken, at the discretion of the contest organizers, from those entries duly registered and received up to the date of the event terminating contest participation.
17. Prize limit. In all cases, contest organizers may not be required to award more prizes or to award any prize other than in accordance with these Contest Rules.
18. Limit of liability: contest participation. By participating or attempting to participate in this contest, any such person releases the Fédération and persons for whom the contest is held from any liability for any damages that they may suffer due to their participation or attempt to participate in the contest.
19. Authorization. By entering this contest, any participant selected for a prize authorizes contest organizers and their representatives to use, if required, their names, photograph, image, voice, description of the prize, place of residence and/or declaration relating to the prize for promotional purposes, without any compensation.
20. Communication with participants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with participants in relation to this contest other than in accordance with these Contest Rules or at the initiative of contest organizers.
21. Personal information. Personal information collected on participants in this contest will only be used for administration of the contest. No communication, commercial or otherwise, unrelated to this contest will be sent to participants, unless they have otherwise agreed.
22. Contest organizers' decision. Any decision by contest organizers or their representatives relating to this contest is final and without appeal, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, in relation to any question falling within its jurisdiction.
23. Disputes. For residents of Quebec, any dispute regarding the organization or conduct of a marketing contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. A dispute respecting the award of a prize may be submitted to the Régie solely for the purpose of an intervention to reach a settlement.
24. Severability. If a paragraph of these Contest Rules is declared or judged illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, this paragraph will be considered void but all other unaffected paragraphs will be applicable to the extent permitted by law.
25. These Contest Rules are available at bixi.com. They will also be available on request, which has to be mailed to “Contest Rules – BIXI’s Indie Café Crawl photo contest”, BIXI-Montreal, 5945, avenue de Gaspé, Montréal, Qc, H2S 2X4.
26. In case of divergence between the French and English version of these Contest Rules, the French version shall prevail.
27. The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
N.B.: The masculine gender is used without discrimination and for the sole purpose of brevity.